Pederson-McCormick Boys & Girls Club Our Mission
Founded in 1902, the Boys and Girls Clubs of Chicago’s mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Serving nearly 18,000 youth ages six to 18, BGCC works to provide members with the emotional, educational, physical, and cultural resources that allow them to enjoy their childhood and eventually thrive in adulthood. At our Clubs, they find caring mentors, avenues of opportunity and the tools they need to prepare for great futures.
Through our Clubs, our goal is to offer every child:
• A life-changing experience to discover skills, confidence and friendship
• A life-saving oasis among the urban pressures of violence and poverty
• A life-long impact to become productive adults and role models
• Gift Cards: During the holiday season we have provided them with gift cards to give to the High School kids.
• Financial Support: We have supported their annual picnic as well as sponsoring a party for their 8th grade graduation.
• We have supplied them with snacks for their after school programs.